AreaThe Lincolnshire Branch covers Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire, North East Lincolnshire and services on the East Coast Main Line from Retford, Newark Northgate and Grantham.
News24th May 2019 - Weekday trains return to Gainsborough Central after 25 years
16th May 2019 - Obituary - Paul Jowett
5th February 2019 - Major Improvements Announced for Spalding Station
Railfuture Lincolnshire magazineLincolnshire Branch members receive three copies a year of our local magazine, Rail Lincs, which keeps you up to date with local rail campaign news and issues.
Rail Lincs issue 87, June 2020: click on view or download.
View or download all Rail Lincs newsletters here.
Campaigns nowWe are currently campaigning for:
- Hourly trains Lincoln–Grimsby and Lincoln–Doncaster
- Services Lincoln–Peterborough before 08.00 and after 18.00.
- Improved Sunday services on all routes.
- Restoration of seven days a week passenger services on the Brigg Line (Gainsborough Central-Barnetby) and via Brocklesby to Barton; see June 2020 bid to DfT fund, in conjunction with NNLCRP.
- A station for Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield airport at Finningley
Campaigns futureIn the longer term we wish to see:
- New or reopened stations to serve Cherry Willingham/Fiskerton, Washingborough/Heighington, Donington, Pinchbeck and the Deepings.
- A feasibility study carried out into a possible ‘Park and Ride’ site at Hykeham station.
- Major housing developments being planned where rail transport is already available or where stations could be constructed.
- The safeguarding of disused railway land for future rail purposes, especially where freight transfer sidings could be sited.
MediaThe Chairman of Railfuture Lincolnshire is: David Harby 6 Carral Close, Brant Road, Lincoln, LN5 9BD. Tel: 01522 874513
For urgent media enquiries only, please contact david.harby at railfuture.org.uk tel: 07913 884815 or phil.mason at railfuture.org.uk tel: 01476 405959
Events and key Rail dates for rail campaigners
Lincolnshire rail user groupsRail user groups in Lincolnshire, some of which are affiliated to Railfuture, are shown on Railfuture's Regional List of Rail User Groups. The Regional List can be viewed, or downloaded in PDF format, here.
Please email david.harby at railfuture.org.uk if you have any questions or comments about issues in the Lincolnshire area.