Railfuture now holds one major national conference each year, in late summer/early autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate. We also produce free-to-attend Webinars.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences and webinars include Anglia Railways, Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry Trains, Delta Rail, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Furrer + Frey GB, Grand Central, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Southern Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, Port Of Sunderland, Rail Delivery Group, RSSB, ScotRail Alliance, SLC Rail, Southeastern, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport for Wales Rail, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, UK Rail Leasing, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Vivarail and West Midlands Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences and webinars on Twitter use the hash-tag shown against the event.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2022/Leeds - RAILFUTURE ANNUAL CONFERENCE [link]
- Thu 15/09/2022 Turning Point for the Railway [Why Attend?]
- 'What do we want the railways to look like in the future?'
- 29 days until conference — early bird ends in 14 days
- Social media hashtag (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for this event: #rfconference
- Timings: 09.15-10.15 Arrivals - tea/coffee/pastries; 10.15-12.45 Morning session; 12.45-13.45 Lunch; 13.45-16.30 Afternoon session to include a workshop for all attendees
- Speakers: [Read Speaker Biographies]
- Nick Flynn and Abby Taylor , Family Friendly Trains (talking about: Campaign to make trains more family friendly)
- Stewart Palmer, Vice President and Director, Railfuture (talking about: Railfuture's view on whether the railway is working for passengers)
- Stewart was previously Managing Director of South West Trains
- Karen Bennett , Community Rail Education Development Officer, Community Rail Lancashire (talking about: How young people can be engaged in the railways)
- Phil Smart, Assistant Policy Manager, Rail Freight Group (talking about: Rail's role in the future movement of freight)
- Phil is also Councillor at Ipswich Borough Council with a strong knowledge of transport matters
- Anna-jane Hunter, Partner, Winder Phillips Associates, Women in Rail (talking about: How Women in Rail see the future roles of women in the railways)
- Dr Manuel Ofeda Cabral, Senior Research Fellow in Transport Economics and Appraisal, University of Leeds (talking about: The value of new railway lines and stations)
- Alison Smith, Head of Accessibility and Inclusion, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT) (talking about: Keynote Listener and update on GBRTT)
- Conference Chair: Brian Barnsley , Deputy Chief Executive of Community Rail Network and Head of Support and Development, Community Rail Network
- Venue: St George's Centre
- This venue is modern, attractive and the air-conditioned room chosen is designed to hold large conferences
- Room: The Hemming Suite
- This large meeting room can accommodate up 150 delegates depending on layout; Railfuture has chosen a cabaret layout which handles 120 people
- 60 Great George Street, Leeds
- Postcode: LS1 3DL
- Phone: 0113 383 2140
- Enquiries about the conference: please email conferences at railfuture.org.uk.
- Places for this conference are still available. Please book by Tue 13/09/2022
- The 'Early Bird' discount offer is still open but will end on Wed 31/08/2022.
- Prices for the Railfuture Annual Conference in Leeds: [book]
- £45.00 - Early bird
- £50.00 - General Admission
- £35.00 - Student
- Includes: Lunch and refreshments will be provided
- Click [Download] or [Display] for the poster (two pages) if you are to able to display it on a notice board in the local area (PDF format)
Additional Railfuture National Events - Dates for your diary
- Sat 15/07/2023 - Details to be confirmed (AGM)
Book Your Conference Place Now
Bookings should be made online. However, if this is not possible please send your details and a cheque to the 'All other correspondence' address (not the registered office address) shown on this page.
(MEDIA: For a free 'press pass' please contact Bruce Williamson by e-mailing media at railfuture.org.uk or phone on 07759 557389).
Please mention any additional requirements or information by email (see 'enquiries' above) after receiving your booking acknowledgement.
Terms and Conditions
Before booking please make sure that you have read the Railfuture conference terms and conditions (PDF format).
- Sat 16/07/2022 17th Railfuture Ltd AGM
- Plus presentation of Rail User Group Awards by Railfuture Vice-President Stewart Palmer
- Hosted by Railfuture Severnside branch
- It was held at St Michael's Church Centre
- Further Info: Click [Download] or [Display] for the AGM notice and agenda, including map (PDF format)
- Election results for the Board of Directors were announced - click HERE to see results
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.