Railfuture now holds one major national conference each year, in late summer/early autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate. We also produce free-to-attend Webinars.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences and webinars include Anglia Railways, Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry Trains, Delta Rail, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Furrer + Frey GB, Grand Central, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Southern Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, Port Of Sunderland, Rail Delivery Group, RSSB, ScotRail Alliance, SLC Rail, Southeastern, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport for Wales Rail, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, UK Rail Leasing, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Vivarail and West Midlands Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences and webinars on Twitter use the hash-tag shown against the event.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2024/Edinburgh (AGM) [link]
- Sat 13/07/2024 19th Railfuture Ltd AGM [Why Attend?]
- 227 days until AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture Scotland branch
- Social media hashtag (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for this event: #rfconference
- Enquiries about the AGM: please email conferences at railfuture.org.uk.
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- The deadline for completing AGM paperwork to go in the standard mailing with Railwatch is Thu 15/02/2024. (This is the date when files go to the printer.)
- Proxy votes and your attendance can be registered between Sat 09/03/2024 and Thu 11/07/2024
- Motions must be received by the Railfuture Ltd Chair, Chris Page (see details on AGM notice) by Sat 29/06/2024
- Information about how Railfuture is run, including a copy of the Articles of Association, can be found at Railfuture+organisation.
- Availability and/or price of lunch is still being investigated.
- The venue does not allow people to eat their own food on the premises.
Sorry but there are no other future events available to book yet - please re-visit this website later.
Selected past event
2020/Webinar - RAILFUTURE WEBINAR [link]
- Sat 03/10/2020 Attracting passengers back to rail
- Chris Page, Railfuture chair said:
"Britain's railway faces its greatest threat since the Beeching Cuts in the 1960s. Because of COVID-19 patronage fell through the floor and has only partially recovered.
"The government will not be willing to keep the railway afloat at vast cost indefinitely. Fare income from passengers is vital. The public must use the railway or risk losing it.
"Rail travel must be safe, value for money, punctual, convenient and enjoyable.
"We had five speakers from the rail industry representing organisations that could offer expert advice and/or take the necessary actions to encourage the public to use our railway.
"I thank everyone who joined our webinar."
- Further Info: Click [Download] or [Display] for the AGM notice and agenda, including how to take part (PDF format)
- Watch a [YouTube video] from the webinar — 95-minute recording
- Click [Download] or [Display] for the results of the Zoom Audience Polls (PDF format)
- Click [Download] or [Display] for the list of questions submitted by audience using Zoom Q&A (PDF format)
- Read an [Article] about the webinar — Experience of rail traveller
- About the speakers: [Read Speaker Biographies]
- Charlene [Charley] Wallace, Director for National Passenger & Customer Experience, Network Rail - click [Download] or [Display] for the speaker's slides (PDF format)
- Jacqueline [Jac] Starr, Chief Operating Officer (formerly Managing Director Customer Experience), Rail Delivery Group
- Linda McCord, Senior Stakeholder Manager, Transport Focus
- Ali Chegini, Director of Systems and Health, RSSB - click [Download] or [Display] for the speaker's slides (PDF format)
- Peter Sargant, Head of Rail Development, West Midlands Rail Executive - click [Download] or [Display] for the speaker's slides (PDF format)
- Chaired by Mark Valleley, Technical Lead, Transport for the South East
WEBINAR SPEAKERS (AND THEIR PRESENTATIONS):
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.