Railfuture now holds one major national conference each year, in late summer/early autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate. We also produce free-to-attend Webinars.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences and webinars include Anglia Railways, Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry Trains, Delta Rail, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Furrer + Frey GB, Grand Central, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Southern Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, Port Of Sunderland, Rail Delivery Group, RSSB, ScotRail Alliance, SLC Rail, Southeastern, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport for Wales Rail, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, UK Rail Leasing, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Vivarail and West Midlands Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences and webinars on Twitter use the hash-tag shown against the event.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2024/Edinburgh (AGM) [link]
- Sat 13/07/2024 19th Railfuture Ltd AGM [Why Attend?]
- 228 days until AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture Scotland branch
- Social media hashtag (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for this event: #rfconference
- Enquiries about the AGM: please email conferences at railfuture.org.uk.
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- The deadline for completing AGM paperwork to go in the standard mailing with Railwatch is Thu 15/02/2024. (This is the date when files go to the printer.)
- Proxy votes and your attendance can be registered between Sat 09/03/2024 and Thu 11/07/2024
- Motions must be received by the Railfuture Ltd Chair, Chris Page (see details on AGM notice) by Sat 29/06/2024
- Information about how Railfuture is run, including a copy of the Articles of Association, can be found at Railfuture+organisation.
- Availability and/or price of lunch is still being investigated.
- The venue does not allow people to eat their own food on the premises.
Sorry but there are no other future events available to book yet - please re-visit this website later.
Selected past event
- Sat 04/11/2017 Dynamic Triangle: The East Midlands' Crucial Role in National Rail Connectivity
- Plus presentation of 2017 Rail User Group Awards
- Hosted by Railfuture East Midlands branch
- It was held at Curve Theatre
- Further Info: Click [Download] or [Display] for the AGM notice and agenda, including map (PDF format)
- Jake Kelly, Managing Director, East Midlands Trains (talked about: Ten Years of East Midlands Trains and Rail Services in the East Midlands)
- Mark Winter, Chief Executive Officer, UK Rail Leasing (talked about: A small railway business in the heart of Leicester)
- Rob Daffern, Director and Principal Engineer, Furrer + Frey GB (talked about: Electrification: what is it and why do you want it?)
- Jim Seymour, Transport Strategy Manager, Derbyshire County Council (talked about: Ilkeston - All Change)
- Tom Ingall, Great Central Railway (talked about: Reunification Progress on the Great Central Railway)
- Dr Terri Eynon, Member for Coalville, Leicestershire County Council (talked about: Case for the National Forest Line)
- John Legrys, Member for Coalville, North West Leicestershire District Council (talked about: Case for the National Forest Line)
- Sean Sheahan, Member for Measham, North West Leicestershire District Council (talked about: Case for the National Forest Line)
- Sir Peter Soulsby, City Mayor of Leicester, will formally open the conference
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS (AND THEIR PRESENTATIONS):
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.