Railfuture now holds one major national conference each year, in late summer/early autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate. We also produce free-to-attend Webinars.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences and webinars include Anglia Railways, Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry Trains, Delta Rail, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Furrer + Frey GB, Grand Central, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Southern Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, Port Of Sunderland, Rail Delivery Group, RSSB, ScotRail Alliance, SLC Rail, Southeastern, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport for Wales Rail, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, UK Rail Leasing, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Vivarail and West Midlands Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences and webinars on Twitter use the hash-tag shown against the event.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2024/Edinburgh (AGM) [link]
- Sat 13/07/2024 19th Railfuture Ltd AGM [Why Attend?]
- 228 days until AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture Scotland branch
- Social media hashtag (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for this event: #rfconference
- Enquiries about the AGM: please email conferences at railfuture.org.uk.
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- The deadline for completing AGM paperwork to go in the standard mailing with Railwatch is Thu 15/02/2024. (This is the date when files go to the printer.)
- Proxy votes and your attendance can be registered between Sat 09/03/2024 and Thu 11/07/2024
- Motions must be received by the Railfuture Ltd Chair, Chris Page (see details on AGM notice) by Sat 29/06/2024
- Information about how Railfuture is run, including a copy of the Articles of Association, can be found at Railfuture+organisation.
- Availability and/or price of lunch is still being investigated.
- The venue does not allow people to eat their own food on the premises.
Sorry but there are no other future events available to book yet - please re-visit this website later.
Selected past event
2022/Webinar - RAILFUTURE WEBINAR [link]
- Wed 12/01/2022 Rail Recovery - how to realise the potential
- Neil Middleton, Railfuture director and webinar organiser said:
"Rail is the safest and most sustainable form of powered transport, and should be quick, comfortable, cost effective and reliable, but to many of us it doesn't seem that way at the moment.
"Putting aside the cuts caused by the downturn in passengers from current high Covid infection rates and the linked non-availability of rail staff, services have been taken out of the timetable, resulting in longer waits, journeys that then require a change in the middle and, sometimes, an early finish.
"Moreover, the fares system is yet to properly recognise the 'new normal' with its shift to hybrid working (Railfuture is unimpressed with the Flexi-season ticket).
"Finally, it seems that rail is not being treated fairly on inflation (3.8% on rail fares in March 2022 and no fuel duty increase in the Autumn 2021 budget.
"I thank everyone who joined our webinar."
- Watch a [YouTube video] from the webinar — 90-minute recording
- Click [Download] or [Display] for the slides showing results of pre-webinar surey, live poll, images of speakers, Stewart's views, and links (PDF format)
- Click [Download] or [Display] for the list of questions submitted by audience using Zoom Q&A (PDF format)
- About the speakers: [Read Speaker Biographies] [Read Views of the Speakers]
- The session was mainly a Q&A panel; it started with a five-minute update from each of our speakers, shown below
- Webinar Chair: Christian Wolmar , Railfuture President
- Steve White, Managing Director, Southeastern
- Suzanne Donnelly , Commercial Director, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT)
- Stewart Palmer, Vice President and Director, Railfuture
- Previously Managing Director of South West Trains
- Ian Brown CBE, Vice President and Policy Director, Railfuture
- Previously Managing Director of Transport for London Rail
WEBINAR SPEAKERS (AND THEIR PRESENTATIONS):
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.