Railfuture now holds one major national conference each year, in late summer/early autumn (in addition to its AGM for members). We aim only to cover our costs. The conferences are competitively priced, to be within rail users' price range, and are open to everyone. Railfuture members are usually offered a chance to attend at a discounted rate. We also produce free-to-attend Webinars.
Speakers come from a variety of backgrounds. Some of the organisations who have spoken at conferences and webinars include Anglia Railways, Arriva Cross Country, Arriva Trains Wales, Association of Train Operating Companies, Cardiff International Airport, Centro, Chester-le-Track, Chiltern Railways, CrossCountry Trains, Delta Rail, East Coast, East Midlands Trains, East West Rail Consortium, Eurostar, First Capital Connect, First Great Western, First Transpennine Express, Furrer + Frey GB, Grand Central, Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), Great Western Railway, Greater Anglia, Heathrow Southern Railway, Hitachi Rail Europe, HS2, London Midland, London Overground Railway Operations, Merseytravel, MyTestTrack.com, Network Rail, Northern Rail, Northern (Arriva Rail North), Nottingham Express Transit, Parry People Movers, Port Of Sunderland, Rail Delivery Group, RSSB, ScotRail Alliance, SLC Rail, Southeastern, South West Trains, Thameslink and Great Northern, Transpennine Express, TramPower, Transport for Wales Rail, Transport Salaried Staffs' Association, UK Rail Leasing, Virgin Trains, Virgin Trains East Coast, Vivarail and West Midlands Trains.
Click HERE to see a list events and speakers for each organisation.
To follow Railfuture's conferences and webinars on Twitter use the hash-tag shown against the event.
Note: this hash-tag is not exclusive to Railfuture.
Click HERE For a list of rail-related events including free-to-attend Railfuture branch meetings
2024/Edinburgh (AGM) [link]
- Sat 13/07/2024 19th Railfuture Ltd AGM [Why Attend?]
- 228 days until AGM
- Hosted by Railfuture Scotland branch
- Social media hashtag (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for this event: #rfconference
- Enquiries about the AGM: please email conferences at railfuture.org.uk.
- The AGM is open to all current members or their proxy - there is no fee to attend.
- The deadline for completing AGM paperwork to go in the standard mailing with Railwatch is Thu 15/02/2024. (This is the date when files go to the printer.)
- Proxy votes and your attendance can be registered between Sat 09/03/2024 and Thu 11/07/2024
- Motions must be received by the Railfuture Ltd Chair, Chris Page (see details on AGM notice) by Sat 29/06/2024
- Information about how Railfuture is run, including a copy of the Articles of Association, can be found at Railfuture+organisation.
- Availability and/or price of lunch is still being investigated.
- The venue does not allow people to eat their own food on the premises.
Sorry but there are no other future events available to book yet - please re-visit this website later.
Selected past event
- Sat 20/06/2015 Enhancing capacity in the East Midlands
- Jointly hosted by Railfuture East Midlands and Lincolnshire branches
- It was held at Newark Town Hall
- Further Info: Click [Download] or [Display] for the AGM notice and agenda, including map (PDF format)
- Read an [Article] about the conference — Constructive Conference
- David Horne, Managing Director, Virgin Trains East Coast (talked about: 'The future starts now')
- Andy Castledine, Head of Operations and Performance, Rail business and development, Stagecoach Rail (talked about: 'Who are we and what do we do?')
- Graham Botham, Principal Strategic Planner (LNE and EM), Network Rail (talked about: East Coast capacity enhancements)
- Roger Blaney, Chairman, Newark and Sherwood District Council (talked about: Castle line enhanced timetable)
- Steve Barber, Broxtowe Borough Council (talked about: NET2 Nottingham Tramway Extension)
- He was awarded Campaigner of the year for his success in gaining government approval for NET2
- Tom Ingall, Great Central Railway (talked about: 'Bridging the gap' reunification project at Loughborough)
- Bob Poynter, Former BR Operations Manager now transport advisor to Newark Business Club (talked about: Increasing rail services and frequencies in Nottinghamshire)
- Welcome by Councillor Robert and Mrs Rita Crowe, the Mayor and Mayoress of Newark
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS (AND THEIR PRESENTATIONS):
Past events for each year
Up to three national events are held each year. Click on the location to see the details.