This page a list (sorted into groups) of document files (for content containing 'electrification') that can be viewed (if your browser has the facility) or downloaded.
Railfuture has 12 branches in England plus Wales and Scotland which are involved in local issues and come together to support Railfuture on national campaigns. Click on [BRANCHES] to see details of them (and click [NEWSLETTERS] for a list of latest newsletter for all branches).
If your browser is not configured to view a file then click the 'file size' to download it.
Campaigning Literature from Railfuture
- Inf & Networks Group
- Pamphlets and leaflets
- "Britain's need for an electrified railway" - Railfuture Electrification paper (January 2009) (106kB)
- Railway electrification and Route modernisation - Railfuture policy paper (May 2018) (95kB)
Miscellaneous Documents and Audio
- East Anglia
Non-Railfuture Publications and Leaflets
More info or other links can be found at press releases
- 11/07/2014 - North to get modern Southern diesels from Electrification infills (11kB)
- 13/12/2013 - Warm welcome to further electrification of network (58kB)
- 14/07/2012 - Campaigners welcome Midland Main Line electrification (63kB)
- 29/11/2011 - Campaigners welcome major rail projects (46kB)
- 02/03/2011 - Rail Passengers react positively to News of further electrification (33kB)
- 09/12/2009 - Alistair Darling's electrification is welcome news for rail users (38kB)
- 21/09/2009 - Railfuture calls for rolling electrification programme (45kB)
Presentations from Conferences and Public Meetings
- 18/10/2018 - BBC Wales Bruce Williamson talks about OHLE failure on the Great Western (1.4MB)
- 09/02/2018 - Bruce Williamson on Bristol Community Radio (BCFM) about transport and politics (9.5MB)
- 11/05/2017 - Ariadne Tampion quoted on BBC Northants about Midland Mainline electrification (665kB)
- 03/03/2017 - Richard Stow on BBC Radio Berks about Great Western electrification delays and cost overrun (654kB)
- 12/09/2016 - Bruce Williamson on BBC Radio Wales about Severn Tunnel closure for electrification (1.1MB)
- 15/03/2016 - Chris Hyomes on BBC Yorkshire about Northern Powerhouse (1.8MB)
- 17/02/2016 - Bruce Williamson on BBC Bristol about short closure for electrification of Great Western railway line (2.3MB)
- 27/02/2015 - Bruce Williamson on BBC Radio Bristol about electrification delays (2.9MB)
- 27/02/2015 - Bruce Williamson on BBC Radio Somerset about electrification delays (1.3MB)
Statement of Railfuture Policy
Many of these documents will use the old company name (Railway Development Society Ltd). Since 1st January 2018 we have been Railfuture Ltd.
CAUTION: Older documents may no longer reflect Railfuture's current policies. Contact details may also be out of date: please always get latest details from www.railfuture.org.uk/Contact+Us.