Railfuture has 12 branches in England plus Wales and Scotland which are involved in local issues and come together to support Railfuture on national campaigns.
To see a 'dashboard' summary of information about the branch (generic contact details, list of newsletters, branch pages and more) click on one of the maps above or the branch area on the map below. Click LIBRARY to see a list of information available nationally and for every branch (includes many hundreds of files to download).
Please click on the branch name below to find individual contacts plus campaign information for your local group. Click on the corresponding Twitter icon to see their tweets.
Click NEWSLETTERS for links to the latest newsletter for each branch and TWITTER to see a list of all Railfuture Twitter accounts showing the number of tweets and followers including date of last tweet.
For Railfuture branch contact details across Britain please see Who's Who (PDF). Please do not send direct messages to Twitter accounts for important requests as they are not all monitored frequently.
Dashboard for Railfuture Scotland
Contact by e-mail: scotland at railfuturescotland.org.uk
Twitter account: @RailfutureScot
Branch information: click MAIN PAGE for the main page containing branch activities and campaignsIf your browser is not configured to view a file then click the 'file size' to download it.
Magazines and Newsletters
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 74 - October 2020 (1.1MB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 73 - March 2020 (1.2MB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 72 - March 2018 (1.5MB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 71 - November 2014 (215kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 70 - March 2011 (352kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 69 - March 2010 (197kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 68 - November 2009 (445kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 67 - March 2009 (409kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 66 - November 2008 (395kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 65 - March 2008 (653kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 64 - November 2007 (482kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 63 - March 2007 (391kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 62 - November 2006 (388kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 61 - March 2006 (391kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 60 - October 2005 (633kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 59 - March 2005 (180kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 58 - October 2004 (235kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 57 - April 2004 (994kB)
- Railfuture Scotland News Issue 56 - November 2003 (358kB)
Campaigning Literature from Railfuture
- 03/10/2013 - Dalmeny chord press release (99kB)
- 17/06/2012 - Rail campaigners who came to Scotland from across Britain want to copy Scottish Rail Successes (323kB)
- 30/05/2012 - Rail campaingers will be going to conference in Stirling to hear about Scottish successes (189kB)
- 16/02/2020 - Christian Wolmar and Bruce Williamson on BBC Radio Scotland about Beeching etc (13.5MB)
- 10/10/2018 - Bruce Williamson on BBC Radio Scotland about the introduction of 125s to ScotRail (1.3MB)
Railfuture Research, Investigations, Studies and Site Visits
- 01/10/2021 - Railfuture Scotland response to ScotRail May 2022 timetable proposals "Fit for the Future" (185kB)
- 25/04/2019 - Railfuture Scotland response to Edinburgh Waverley MasterPlan (18kB)
- 06/04/2012 - Railfuture Scotland Response to Rail 2014 (162kB)
- 12/01/2011 - Railfuture Scotland response to Network Rail's Scotland RUS (255kB)
- 25/10/2016 - Railfuture Scotland's proposals for the Grampian Rail Service (440kB)
- 19/10/2016 - Railfuture Scotland's proposals for the Tayside Rail Service (451kB)
- 19/07/2016 - Railfuture Scotland's vision for Fife rail services (170kB)
- 08/08/2019 - Map of Levenmouth connection to Fife Circle (55kB)
- 08/08/2019 - Scottish Transport Secretary Michael Matheson on Levenmouth track (325kB)
- 04/01/2019 - StARLink Convener Jane Ann Liston (right) (58kB)
- 18/06/2016 - Good-quality staff building at end of the line Tweedbank station but just a shelter for passengers (56kB)
- 18/06/2016 - Long platforms for charter trains at end of the line Tweedbank station (44kB)
- 18/06/2016 - Zig-zag ramps are provided at Newtongrange station but no direct stairs for the able-bodied (80kB)
- 05/09/2015 - David Steel arriving at Edinburgh Waverley station from Tweedbank special train (80kB)
- 04/09/2015 - Borders unwrapped marketing banner (38kB)
- 09/08/2015 - Mothballed Levenmouth rail line that Railfuture wants to see reopened (103kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station Escalators, Stairs And Lift Between Levels (57kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station Shows Continuous Canopy From Gyle Shopping Centre (53kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station Shows Tram Platforms And Track Fully Covered By A Canopy (51kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station Shows Unpaid Fares Windows Before Barriers (30kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station With Seats Close To Lifts In South Waiting Room (26kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station With Ticket Office Windows And Barriers (48kB)
- Computer Video Of Edinburgh Gateway Station's Mainline Platforms (48kB)
- Edinburgh Gateway station bicycle stands and canopy on the walkway to the station (1.5MB)
- Edinburgh Gateway station has a lift between levels (2.2MB)
- Edinburgh Gateway station has seats recessed into the wall to provide some sound and wind protection (1.6MB)
- Edinburgh Gateway station with seats close to lifts in south waiting room (2.6MB)
- Winchburgh Tunnel track lowering in summer 2015 to create clearance for overhead wires (159kB)
Many of these documents will use the old company name (Railway Development Society Ltd). Since 1st January 2018 we have been Railfuture Ltd.
CAUTION: Older documents may no longer reflect Railfuture's current policies. Contact details may also be out of date: please always get latest details from www.railfuture.org.uk/Contact+Us.